Monday, November 14, 2011

Crafty Day & Christmas Decor

I’m very busy right now but I wanted to stop and take a minute to share a quick project I just finished for myself.  I received this little caddie several years ago I believe with a flower arrangement. 


caddiebef




I decided I wanted to do something shabby chic with it so I got out the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White and made a wash of half water and half paint.  I applied two coats of the wash and after that dried I went to The Graphics Fairy and found a letter H and a pretty border and merged them in the free program “Picnik”.

I then used the gesso transfer method and applied the monogram to each side.



caddiemono



This is very tedious and not my favorite method of transferring but I did not have a carbon copy only inkjet and this method works best with the inkjet image.

I have been working on one of those curled, book page, rose wreaths so I attached a few of those onto the sides also.  I then applied a wash of burnt umber to the edges of the roses and tied a burlap bow on handle and here is the result.

caddieaft2


caddieaft3


caddieaft4

I plan on using it to hold Christmas cards, mail, etc…

I have also been working on a few Christmas ornaments and the following buntings to carry to my booth at King’s Antiques.  I’m running behind I think as the department stores had theirs out at 4th of July! lol Winking smile

Here’s some pictures of the buntings.

santabunting1

I don’t have a mantle so I just hung them on my buffet for the pictures.  I just love this Santa picture.



santabuntinglc1



I printed the images on card stock and glued them onto some tea dyed, scrim fabric and then attached some twine for hanging.



santabuntingcl2

This image came again from The Graphics Fairy. I cut some strips of coordinating scrapbook paper, folded them like an accordion  and glued them around the edge. I then used twine  glued to the back for hanging.

Well, I hope you enjoyed these projects my daughter and grandchildren have been here helping me make decorations so its back to work for me. So until next time have a good week.


Sharing with the following parties:





The Stuff of Success





8 comments:

Inessa Stewart said...

Hey peggy..Beautiful is an apt word. The caddie looks soo pretty with the white and the roses. Love the green jars too.The holiday spirit seems to be all over:)Good luck!

Lynn said...

Hi Peggy, I stumbled upon a wonderful way to transfer images that works well. I purchased "Fluid Matt Medium" by Golden, at my local art store. Unfortunately, you do need to print on a heavy paper with a laser printer. Any Kinko's or UPS can print. I asked them to print in color even though it was black and white to get the heavier paper. Then, spread the fluid with a chip brush on your image. Adhere to the wood, and press down with your fingers for about three minutes. Peel the top layer of the paper off and then quickly rub the rest of the paper off. To view, go to www.tinyrosebud3.etsy.com. I have done two French signs on an old cabinet door with this method. Just a thought! Lynn

PJH Designs said...

Thanks Lynn I've tried something similar using glue and Mod Podge. I'll have too try your method also. I'm always looking for good transfer methods.

Kathleen said...

The buntings are lovely. I think you did a wonderful job on the caddy. I love seeing all your projects.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love the Graphics Fairy?! Love what you did to the caddy, it's going to look awesome with Christmas cards, too!

Hugs,
Mary

Jenifer Harrod said...

This is beautiful.
Please come to my party at:
www.thezkids.blogspot.com

Katalina Jewelry said...

The Santa buntings are lovely!

Jennifer said...

Great transformation!! Love it and your buntings!!
Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...