Monday, September 9, 2013

Antoinette Pink & Lace Bedroom Set

 Hello all my bloggy friends. I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

I have a question for you. Do you like the larger print on my blog? I know that some of you have a hard time reading the small print on most blogs, like I do lol, so I have always used the larger print. I was just wondering if it was too much?

Anyhoo, I'm sharing a recent redo of two pieces that did not match when I bought them, so I married them with paint.

It is a small dresser and chest of drawers that I thought would be great in a child's room and that's just where they went. To a nursery.

Sorry, no pretty pictures. They sold so quick no time to stage. Which, I guess, for me is a good thing. :-)


Here is the dresser still in my workshop. 


This is the chest of drawers. I can't find the before pictures but trust me they had nothing going for them.


I first painted them with ASCP in Antoinette Pink and the top and drawer faces I painted in French Linen. 


I then laid a piece of lace over the top and the drawer fronts, and spray painted them white. Now I made that sound easy but it is quite tricky. You need the right weight of lace. Not to light or you are just spray painting and the lace design will not show up. It also has to lay very flat against the wood.


I know you furniture flippers have seen these drawer handles. They are pretty common but when you paint them the right way they can really turn out lovely.


The same goes for this mirror. The mirror and handles were painted with French Linen and then dry brushed with Pure White.


I then gave all three pieces two coats of clear soft wax and buffed.

Now that I've told you all my secrets I have a pet peeve to share.  Have you ever gone to a blog because you saw a piece you just loved and when you got there they told you everything about it except how they did it? Do they think their followers (the ones that stay with them) aren't going to figure out how they did it? lol

You guys are really smart most of you once you see it you can do it. So why waste your time? I don't mind telling you any furniture painting tips that I have. (As if they really were ideas that were all that secret). I think I have learned more about blogging and painting furniture from you than you ever could from me. :-) 

That is why I've always followed Miss Mustard Seed. She doesn't mind telling you how she paints her furniture and what products she uses. Also, Villabarnes, I found out how to use lace from Rosemary. 

Thanks for following me. I appreciate you and hope I can share a little something new with you along the way.



You can see by this picture what I love to paint with the most. I'm loving my work shop! My husband is a doll to build this for me.

I hope you enjoyed these pieces and are inspired. I shared it on Facebook and sold it in one hour, as a baby shower gift, to such a sweet young lady.

Have a great week everyone.
Hugs,


You might find this post at the following parties:

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Friday


10 comments:

Heaven's Walk said...

What a beautiful job, Peggy! Wow! I love that color you chose! And the idea with the lace....? Genius!!!

xoxo laurie

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Very pretty and unique ! Thanks for sharing... Karen

Unknown said...

Beautifully Done Peggy! Love the colors you chose and the lace effect came out wonderful, lace stenciling sure isn't as easy as it looks! Great job,as always!

Unknown said...

Beautifully Done Peggy! Love the colors you chose and the lace effect came out wonderful, lace stenciling sure isn't as easy as it looks! Great job,as always!

Maureen Wyatt said...

Very pretty. It is a big help when you tell us about the the type of lace you need to do for the project. When I started blogging, I had to adjust to the idea of giving away all the secrets but I'm happy to do so now. Pinning

Jeannie Marie said...

The dresser is so beautiful! I love detail work like that.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Peggy!! Stunning, Stunning, Stunning!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That piece turned out GORGEOUS! I use the lace technique a lot--I can't help myself--it turns out so beautiful. Thanks for sharing yours!

Loribeth Clark said...

Looks wonderful! I wonder how my husband would feel if I did the lace painting thing on some of our furniture... hmmmm...will have give that some serious thought, because I love the way that looks!

christi79 said...

so elegant! I am in the middle of redoing my daughters room in shabby chic "paris" theme. We are doing the accents in muted pinks and blues. I love the lace detail. What lace do you suggest using? Thank you

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...