Monday, September 16, 2013

Antique Furniture Finds

 Hello friends. I have not written anything in a couple of days but as I don't have a finished piece to share yet I thought I would post a few of the great pieces I have purchased lately at different venues.



The first piece is this fabulous, small, refurbished, antique ice box. I just love it! I've been searching for one for a long time. This one is a keeper.




This is a buffet I picked up that definitely needs a little TLC. My grandchildren love to hang out with Nonnie in her work shop and suddenly realized how fun it is to peel veneer!

Well, that is, it was fun until it wasn't coming off easily then they quit. lol 

Its up to me now with my heat gun and damp towel. Notice the handle on top? I think the center is Lucite. I'll probably put them back on the buffet after cleaning them up.



This is a gorgeous antique chest of drawers that had those molded fruit handles. The handles are disintegrating and will have to be replaced. One of the things I love about this piece is the square nails you can see holding it together.






Love the lines of this little oval table. The legs, the wavy top edges, etc... There is a small piece missing on the edge but will be no problem to repair since I'm painting it.





This is a nice little occasional table I picked up at an estate sale. Its a very heavy solid wood piece as are all of the pieces I'm sharing with you.

When I first started I would buy almost anything I could redo because I was on a very limited budget, but now I will only buy solid wood, quality pieces.




Another lovely piece is this French Provincial toilet table/desk.  I haven't decide what I want to do with it yet. Any suggestions?






Don't you love my ca 1950's little, pink & white stool? I'm keeping this as it is perfect for my shabby chic kitchen.





I found this fabulous heavy, gold leafed, candle sconce with real crystals for a song at an estate sale. Love it.




I also found another jewelry armoire exactly like the last one I refurbished. This one is going to be lavender.

I'm not sure yet how I'm going to paint or stain all of these pieces. Sometimes I just have to look at them for awhile until inspiration strikes. 

What would you do to them?

That's all for today. Have a great week and be sure to come back Wednesday for Free Graphic Wednesday.


Hugs,


You might find this post at the following lovely parties:

Tuesday
Fluster Creative Muster


Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday

4 comments:

Beth@Makemeprettyagain.com said...

Wow! You have some nice things awaiting some love!! That desk is soooo cute. So many ideas. Go to Pinterest, type in "french provencial desk" and check it out! There is one identical to yours that was done in peacock and the top a dark walnut. So pretty. I think pink and white would look cute too.
or go to google images and type in the same thing. Kind of gives you an idea!! Have fun!

DIY Vintage Chic said...

Wow! Looks like you're going to have some fun for a while! Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/09/fridays-five-features-no-9.html

Anonymous said...

So happy to have found your beautiful blog. I love all your finds, but the ice chest is fantastic!
Have a wonderful weekend,
melinda

Ivy and Elephants said...

So many fabulous pieces, but like you, that little ice box is the piece that does it for me!!!
You found a real gem. Gorgeous! Wish I lived closer, I'd love to snap up that jewelry chest.
Hugs,
Patti

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...