Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Victorian Chifferobe

Hello, I hope you're having a great day. 

I wanted to share a chifferobe that I recently finished.  I kind of went crazy with this one but I love it. 

I'm sorry I can't find my before picture but trust me it was dark, it was dirty, and just had nothing going for it. I date it to late 19th century.  Here is how it looks now.




I painted it with ASCP in Old White and another ASCP color that I mixed myself that is a little bluer and lighter than Duck Egg Blue.  I added the wood applique to the top of the mirror.


The flower lady on the front is applied tissue paper. Trust me this was not easy! It took me two tries to get the image on the way I wanted.  The image is from The Graphic's Fairy as I couldn't find one that was what I wanted in my supply of images. 

I printed it on my inkjet printer in three sections.



As you can tell I did not try to get this piece in the house and stage it. So no pretty pictures. Its still in my shop. On the sides I wanted to give the impression of wall paper. The coral stripes are painted in a color I mixed from three different ASCP paints. I wasn't to strict on getting them straight or even.  I then added tissue paper roses and the top is tissue paper. To see my post on how to decoupage tissue paper go here




The knobs I made from shower curtain rings. I painted them with chalk paint and added a little silver.


I distressed the entire piece then waxed with clear wax. Next I gave it a wash with a thin mix of water and burnt umber. Then another coat of clear wax.









I lined the drawers with vintage wall paper.



I hope you liked my Victorian piece. Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,


P. S. This piece sold before I had finished it or posted it for sale to the same young lady that bought the Arles & Walnut buffet. Thanks Meredith.

You might find this post at the following parties: 

Tuesday  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Peggy - it's gorgeous - not surprised it sold before it was finished at all - just beautiful!!!
XOX

Cathy said...

It is absolutely gorgeous!

Cathy ♥

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh wow, it is gorgeous! I love the image, the stripes, and the tissue paper. I have got to try the tissue paper some time. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Lucy said...

Love what you did with this piece. You have my wheels spinning, thinking of all the possibilities with things I have!

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...