Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pumpkin to Pearl?!

First of all I would like to send my thoughts and prayers to everyone that was in the path of Sandy. I hope you are all well and that your life will be back to normal soon.

Well gosh, I hope everyone else had a happy and safe Halloween!

In case I haven't told you already...I don't like Halloween. Oh, I love the kids in their cute costumes and I definitely love all the candy!  It's the decorations I don't like. Decorate my home in orange and black? Yuck! ;-)

I have to say that many of you have shown me that Halloween decor can have an elegant look if done right. I may try decorating next year. So all you Halloween lovers out there don't hate me!

That's why I waited until now to share my fall pumpkins with you because they are certainly not orange! :-)


I love the finish I achieved on these.  It is hard to get a picture that shows you the true color, but they look very much like a pearl.







I tried different settings on my camera attempting to capture the color.  I hope you can see why I think they look like pearls.





This one was in early morning light.


Okay, here is what you need to do to make your own pearl pumpkins. 

An unfinished ceramic pumpkin, paint brush, graphite ASCP, white acrylic paint, silver glaze, and glass glitter.

First, I applied a base coat of graphite chalk paint.  

After that dried I applied white, acrylic paint. As I was brushing it on I was being sure to leave some of the dark showing in the creases to highlight the shape.

I then applied two coats of a silver glaze and before it dried I just sprinkled on some silver glass glitter.

The stems I painted graphite.

So easy. 



I hope you like them.  Who knew? Pearl pumpkins. lol
Have a wonderful day.
I'm joining the following parties won't you join me?
Tuesday

Wednesday
Thursday

9 comments:

Artsy Craftery Design Studio said...

They are beautiful, Peggy. I can see the pearliness.

PJH Designs said...

Thank you Sandi.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I painted some ceremic pumpkins with pearlized paint and I love mine too. I need to add some sparkle like you did--love them!

PJH Designs said...

Thanks Sandy. If I had painted them gray and then put the silver glaze they would have been silver. Glad you like them.

Anabel Luna said...

Good Morning Mrs Peggy !....welcome to my crochet cottage,It was a great feeling having you around,Thanks for your time and for the comment.....they always put a smile on my face.
You have such a beautiful blog and lovely projects , I love how you re-desing the pumpkings ,the off white , the glitter ....well ...just gogeous.
Happy weekend !

Luna

Rose Garden Malevik said...

Hi Peggy
woow.that´s some great pumpkins......
and do not miss......

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

it is FUN :)
WELCOME
HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

Jules said...

Those are simply stunning! Just yesterday I cut the stem off a $ Store pumpkin (who knew they were hollow inside. Yikes.) Anyway, painted it white and it is just sitting there... NOW I now what to do with it! Yea! Can't wait to make mine pretty too! New follower! jules

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing with us on Fancy This Fridays Peggy! We featured your pretty pumpkins today! http://www.trulylovelyblog.net/2012/11/fancy-this-features-100/

Holly @ Bella Nest said...

These are beautiful! I love the pearly look and think I'll try this myself! Thank you for sharing!

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...