Saturday, August 17, 2013

Arles Yellow & Walnut Buffet

 I wanted to take a minute to share a buffet I recently finished. 

I haven't painted anything yellow in quite awhile I hope you like this piece.

I couldn't find my before picture but it was in sad shape with a dark stain all over and large wooden knobs in the same color.

Here is what I did with it.




After sanding the top and the inserts on the front I found a beautiful walnut veneer. So I decided to leave the veneer and just give it three coats of satin polyurethane.


The rest I painted in Annie Sloan's Arles and all the trim I painted gold.


The inside I painted with ASCP in Versailles. A soft green which goes very well with the Arles. 



The inside of the drawers were also painted with Versailles and the bottom of the top one is lined in green fabric.



I replaced the large wooden knobs with green and gold crown knobs from Hobby Lobby.



After the paint was dry I distressed the entire piece and then applied a coat of clear wax. I let it sit overnight and then gave it a light wash of burnt umber wiping off the excess. Once that was dry I applied two coats of clear wax which gave it a soft, aged look.


I hope you liked this piece.  Until next time happy flipping.

Hugs,

This buffet was featured at "Make It Pretty Monday" thank you Kathryn. Kathryn has the wonderful blog "The Dedicated House".





You might find this post at one of the following parties:

Tuesday  

5 comments:

Heaven's Walk said...

Fabulous job, Peggy! I never would have thought to paint it yellow, but it's so pretty! The sweet little crown knobs add such a sweet touch of whimsy! :)

xoxo laurie

Brandon's mommy said...

oh my gosh! I have the same piece ( a little different design on the doors), thou it is in the original finish, walnut veneer. I found it for $100 in an antique store. Being a novice, I have not put anything on it, tho someone once told me to put a satin polyurethane. You have inspired me! I use it in my kitchen t ostore all kitchen utensils, towels , oven mitts, etc. .I love it!

Savannah Granny said...

Wow, Beautiful, job well done. Thanks for sharing, Ginger

Unknown said...

It is very pretty indeed in a lovely shade of yellow. Love ASCP, they make the painting process less challenging! Thanks for sharing your project at the Fluster Buster Party! I'm co hosting today, have a great week, Lizy

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Peggy, I love it! What a great piece! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a feature button. Here is the link to this week's party. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/08/make-it-pretty-monday-week-64.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...