Friday, April 20, 2012

Duck Egg Blue Side Table & A New Wiki Antiquing Site


Happy TGIF everyone hope its been a good one so far.
Today I’m sharing the before & after of this cute, vintage side table.

finished

But before I do I wanted to share with all you bloggers and antiquing fanatics (like me) a new Wiki site I found out about that will be listing flea markets, antique shops, re-sale shops, etc…so that anyone traveling will have a one site listing to search and find the best places to shop. Their goal is a complete directory of all the above locations in every city around the world.
A true antiquing guide that is free for everyone. Plus you can add your favorite shops and flea markets located in your area.  Here is the link:  MYcityantiquing.org

Okay, back to my little table redo.  It was a sad little table as they usually are when I find them.  Here’s the before.

before2

Kind of blah, huh? But it has some great details going for it so I painted it with Annie Sloan’s Duck Egg Blue, which I absolutely love! I then decoupaged the drawers with vintage music sheets and rose pictures.  Which I forgot to take a picture of! When you slide out the drawer you see the roses and music sheets on the outsides of the drawer.

I also decoupaged a lovely scrapbook page to the top and added a stencil at the bottom.

painted

I could have sworn I turned that drawer sideways and took a pic. Oh well, sorry, I’ve already taken it down to Kings Antique’s but if it is still there next time I go by I’ll try to get you a picture.

I then glazed it with a burnt umber glaze to age it, waxed it with clear wax, and then distressed.  Finally, I applied another coat of wax and after that had dried I added coat of satin polyurethane to just the top for added durability. The drawer pull had that vintage look I wanted so I just cleaned it up and put it back on.

top


finished

Hope you enjoyed this quick project.  Have a wonderful weekend. Princess-

signature

19 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love your sweet little table. The stencil looks great and adds a nice touch.

Thanks for the tip too on that site.

hugs
Sissie

Anonymous said...

What a pretty table! The top is so pretty with the rose detailing and I love lining drawers with paper like that for a sweet surprise when you open them! I bet that flew out of your space likety split!

bee blessed
mary

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What a charming piece. Thanks so much for the info about that site:)

Blessings,
Linda

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

The table is beautiful! I love the drawer pull, the color, and the sweet stencil on the bottom! Thanks for linking up tonight!
Kim @ Too Much Time

Maureen Hayes said...

Peggy,

I LOVE what you did with this table, especially all the little details that really make it special, like the inside of the drawer and the top!

Thanks so much for the resource because I will try to find some things near me.

Hope you are doing well and have a wonderful weekend,
Maureen

Terri said...

Peggy! It's so lovely! Great colors! It's a beauty! Thanks for sharing!

Maureen Wyatt said...

You have taken that table from kind of yucky to adorable! I doubt it will be there when you go back! ~ Maureen

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

Love the transformation of the little table. Looks so cute now~wonderful job!

Unknown said...

The table is a great find! Thanks for the flea market link. I'm excited to check it out!

I'm visiting from the Sundae Scoop Linky party. I hope that you can stop by my blog as well. :)

Thanks,
Laura

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Love your stand, Peggy. Nice job embellishing.

Our Hopeful Home said...

Thanks for the link! Can never have too many places to thrift! Love the table, stopping by from Homemaker in a Dime.

Betsy @ Romance on a Dime said...

Gorgeous redo. That's an amazing transformation!!!

I'm so glad you linked up at Romance on a Dime. I'm pinning this!

Cassie Bustamante said...

so pretty! i love the worn look and soft color.

Candy said...

How precious......from the color to the lined drawer to the roses on top. And, that was a scrapbook page?? Neat idea.
Im now following. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and hopefully you'll follow back.
THANKS.

Patty said...

Love your little table. I admire people who can refinish furniture. I love the pretty background of your blog.

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Hi! Visiting from Shabby Creek Cottage. I love your transformation! The color is perfect! And thanks for sharing that awesome site.. Im off to check it out :)

Im your newest follower.. I would love a follow back if you like my site too. And please feel free to share this at my Friday party starting tomorrow!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a sweet little table!

Karen at Bargain-ista.com said...

Oh,this is so beautiful! I love the decoupage and the stencil! Such a gorgeous piece :)

Anonymous said...

Its Brilliant idea for interior designing.Duck Egg Designs is so good.

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...