Friday, February 3, 2012

Dresser Before and After


I really like the way this dresser turned out.  It was a rather plain white dresser but I added some embellishments to give it a brand new look.  Here is the after.


I thought I had taken a before picture but could not find it although I did take a picture of the drawers before I painted them.

whitegraydresserbef

As you can see it had a very 70’s look.  The drawer pulls had little pink flowers on what was suppose to look like a porcelain background.

whitegraydresserbef1

The mirror was just a plain rectangle nothing special.  I wanted to make the whole thing more feminine and shabby chic so I added some small rose embellishments across the top drawer, and on the center drawer a rose swag.


I painted the appliques with ASCP in “Coco” after I attached them to the drawers and then dry brushed them with Annie Sloan’s “Pure White".  The drawer pulls, the trim around the drawers, and some of the details of the dresser I painted with a mix of fifty percent Pure White and fifty percent Coco.



The top was painted with the white and also trimmed with the mix of white and Coco.   I then sealed it with two coats of Annie Sloan’s clear wax.

The mirror was just to plain for me so I took an artificial rose and painted it in the same colors then used it to make a corsage to hang on one corner. What do you think? The truth now. In love



I hope you have enjoyed my latest make over and you are inspired to tackle one for yourself.




Oh, I’m excited to tell you I was featured over at Measured By The Heart  for my Free Graphics Wednesdays!  Thank you Connie I’m so honored. Smile


Measured by the Heart


I'm sharing at the following linky parties:

French Country Cottage




Furniture Feature Fridays

The Shabby NestFunky Junk's Saturday Nite Special





toomuchtime

A Little Inspiration



The DIY Show Off


HOG


Sunday's Best Linky Party!





Photobucket









shabby creek cottage







Redoux

23 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Love what you did Peggy. The rose details were the perfect addition.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Love this and the appliques!! Thanks for linking up ~ following you on linky too! :)

Peggy said...

Peggy - it looks gorgeous! I used to have this same dresser :) Are the rose embellishments wood or?
It's a lovely update,
Peggy

PJH Designs said...

The rose embellishments are made of resin. Thanks for your kind comments.

Cynthia said...

The roses look great! And the little corsage you added, is cute, too.

pipigirl said...

i love the colors and the apps. it looks great. but i really liked the drawer pulls originally. wish you still had them, id buy them from you as i think theyre adorable. i know im weird, but theres just something about them that i really liked. shabby kind of i guess. love your blog so far. continue on:)......everything ive seen looks just beautiful. really..... sue

PJH Designs said...

Hi Pipigirl actually those are the original drawer pulls I painted them with the Coco Pure White mix. Sorry I would have given them to you if I hadn't needed to use them.

Toodie said...

Looks beautiful!

Amy said...

Beautiful job! Love the color and the rose embellishments.

Suz said...

Beautifully done!

Solar Panels London said...

This looks gorgeous! I love the roses and the added mirror.

The Quilt Ladies said...

Just wonderful, I love paint !

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Love it!! Cute, cute! Visiting from Sunday's Best! Drop by for a visit sometime!

ferne said...

very nice job! I am hoping to have some time for some furniture refinishing soon along with refurbishing my shed and painting the house and the list goes on, you know how that goes.

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Love the color and the apps, so pretty now. I love the drawer pulls. They do look kind of shabby. So pretty! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That is so pretty! I have used that rose swag before--and those little rose embellishments--it adds so much. Thanks for sharing!

PLB said...

Gosh, what a great transformation. I'd love to know where you found those resin rose swag details...
Can you give me a hint please?

I'm emailing from Australia but would be happy to order them from Oz for a project I'm working on...

Many thanks, and keep up the inspirational work...
PLB

PJH Designs said...

Hi Julie, I went to your blog but found no where to comment or contact you. I did sign on to follow your blog. Its no secret as a lot of people use the appliques they come from http://doityourselfchic.com/ good luck and hope the link can be of use to my followers. Thanks for visiting. Peggy

PLB said...

Thanks Peggy, thanks Julie, thanks all. I'll doitMYSELFchic asap! ;-)

Keep on rocking,
PLB in Melbourne

Cottage and Broome said...

Peggy, your dresser is beautiful, I love the paint selection you make. Thanks for sharing, Laura

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Well done Peggy! I'll bet you are very happy with the result.

Hugs,
Judy

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This is a darling transformation!

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Thanks for linking to Thrifty Thursday! I'm now following you on Linky....would you be willing to follow me back? Thanks! :)

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...