Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ohhh, la la

Here is a cute little Frenchie end table/chest I just finished.  The table was in good shape except for the top which had several water stains and the finish was peeling off. I almost forgot to take a before picture  but here it is with a drawer sitting on top.




Curvy little gal isn't she?  Just look at those legs! 


To start refurbishing her I sanded the top and since I would be using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint I just cleaned the rest no sanding needed.


I then applied Old White to the sides and legs and Louis Blue to the drawers.  When that was dry I made a wash of Louis Blue by mixing equal parts of paint and water and applied it to everything I had painted white and wiped off the excess.


Next I made a wash with the Old White of equal parts paint and water and applied it over the drawers and again wiped off the excess.


The drawer pulls I painted with two coats of Old White.  I really like the way it turned out the drawers almost look like they are suede!  Here are the after pictures.










After I took these pictures I added some white rubber feet to the legs and lined the drawers.


Hope you enjoyed this project until next time happy painting.

I've entered this table in the following lovely ladies parties:







HOG
















13 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Hi. I just came over from MMS. Love the shape and the colors you used. I've been scrolling your blog. I'm your newest follower. Looking forward to future posts.

WhyCuzICan said...

Oh la la is right! She's lovely and her legs are indeed adorable.

Love how the blue turned out too- you are right, sorta looks like suede!

Visiting from Miss Mustard Seed's Linky Party today,
~Suzanne in NW Illinois

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

It turned out so pretty!

molly susan strong said...

Lovely...plse come by my little joint and share won't you?
http://mollysusanstrong.blogspot.com/2011/08/market-monday-with-linky-my-real.html

Deborah March said...

Ooooohhhh GORGEOUS! Those lines...those LEGS...be still my heart!

Deborah (happily visiting from
http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com/)

Kristen said...

white and blue is always so charming. nice work!

Kristina
@PearlGateway
www.pearlgateway.com

molly susan strong said...

Oh thx again for coming by!

SueBee said...

Don't you just love ASCP?! I love seeing and reading about what everyone is doing with it.
Yours is beautiful!

Meredith Resnick said...

Impressive! I really love it.

~ Meredith From A Mother Seeking



A Mother Seeking...




This week, "When Life Hands You Lemons..."

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi...I am visiting from Kristin's and am so happy I did...this is just beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love this, it turned out beautiful! I'd love for you to link up at my link party going on right now :) hope to see you there!

http://www.thekurtzcorner.com/2011/09/if-you-havent-seen-awesome-giveaway.html

Audra

Bailey K. | Travel Heals said...

love this! i'm impressed. thanks so much for sharing!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

This is very pretty. thanks for linking to Wow.

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...