Thursday, June 14, 2012

French Typography Table



Hello blogger friends hope your day is starting out well.
I wanted to take a quick minute to share a coffee table redo that I finished recently.

I do not have a before picture. So sorry. I’m a terrible blogger because I forgot to take one, but it was a plain, light brown stain that was pretty much worn off everywhere but the legs.

Here’s the finished product.




I painted it with a mixture of Annie Sloan’s “Old White” and “Pure White” which gave me this gorgeous, buttery soft, white. I used two-thirds "Old White" and one-third "Pure White."

I used Photoshop to enlarge and print my graphic and traced it on using the chalk method. I’m sure you’ve seen it around blogland. You rub chalk on back of design and then trace it onto the table with a ball point pen.
I then filled in the design using Sharpie markers. Easy peasy.


Tip: Be sure to seal the finished image with a poly sealer that does not yellow as the Sharpie will smear.



I then applied two coats of a soft clear wax and buffed lightly.


I really like the embellishments I added to the sides. Don’t you?
Have a great weekend and Happy Father’s day to all the Fathers out there.


I'm joining the following parties:
Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Sunday

Monday



6 comments:

Vintage Novella said...

love this graphic! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm following you now, too!

Maureen Hayes said...

Peggy,

Once again I swoon when I see what you create!! This is so beautiful!! You are one talented lady.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That looks great, Peggy! I love the flourishes you added to the sides, too.

visiting from Vintage Inspiration Friday : )

Jessica | Petal + Ply said...

Too funny! I did the same thing! Saw your link under mine at Shabby Art Boutiques linky party! :) I came up with the idea out of necessity since using a paint pen failed to get the lines fine enough! Have you done any other projects using Sharpie's I wasn't sure if it was going to work but it worked great for me. Your's turned out awesome too. :)

Junky Vagabond said...

Always love that graphic, but easy peasy wouldn't be what I would describe it as! Good for you for being patient enough to fill it all in! Looks wonderful :)

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Wow! Now that table looks Super duper! I am not sure I would have a steady enough hand for this...but it sure looks great!
Thank you for sharing!
Leticia

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...