Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Kitchen Before Renovation


Okay, let me just say that this is my kitchen not a model home,  we live here, and I did not stage anything. 

Now that I’ve said that be prepared to be afraid very afraid. This is an early 1990’s kitchen and it is green, yes GREEN.


I plan on achieving a $35,000 looking kitchen remodel, but only spending $3500 to $4000.




kitchen1


This is looking toward the back of the house from the eat in area of my kitchen.  As you can see to the right when we did this remodel we partially blew out that wall to open it up to the dining room and den and to add the bar.



kitchen2



I know you’re looking at that green rock floor. lol Hey it worked at the time and I remember thinking that it wouldn’t show dirt and it doesn't you can't find anything if you drop it on that floor! The cabinets will be painted and I am adding details to them to make then look more like furniture.

The counter tops are going to be wood butcher block. Now I wanted butcher block counter tops but when I priced them at Lowe's the cost was $4300!  That would totally blow my budget so I will be sharing how you can make your own butcher block counter tops for about $150! 


Yes, we have his and her coffee pots.  I have to have my Starbucks.



kitchen3

This is looking into the kitchen from dining room. No, my children are grown those are gifts and pics from my grandchildren who get off the bus here everyday.  By they way that frig is going, thank goodness, its from the dark ages and freezes all my produce.  I’ll be painting my stove and putting in an above the stove microwave.

Oh, how do you like my faux stone black splash? lol  That was quite a project, one of my wild ideas, but hey it looked pretty good.  I’ll be applying the real deal this time.



kitchen4

In this picture we are looking toward the eat in area of the kitchen.  Notice my vintage chandelier with half the lights out they pretty much stay that way as there is a short somewhere.  To say the least its going.

The popcorn ceiling is also going I’m putting in a wide bead board and painting it.



kitchen5


The dining hutch I will eventually paint and I’m moving it to the dining room.  The vintage dining table spreads out to seat four to six comfortably, and if I decide to keep it I will paint it also.




vintagepiece



This piece is going to the shop I believe it was once a Victrola but now it is just a cabinet and the top opens up with a velvet lined area.  By the way the floors will be replaced. Aren’t you glad? lol. I’ll explain more about the floors later.



vintagesideboard



This reproduction sideboard I picked up at a local thrift shop. I plan to paint it and keep it.

Well that’s my before kitchen. I’m so ready for it to go and I have already started the process.  I hope you’ll join me as I have several cost savings projects to share with you and besides remodeling is just so much fun as long as you are not the one in the middle of it! ‘Til next time all the best.




9 comments:

Cristina Garay said...

How exciting! I went through all that process with kitchen and I'm very happy with it! Look forward to see the transformation!

cathy@my1929charmer said...

I'm going to be watching. Following you on Linky, hope you follow back. Hoping I see you next Sunday.

momto8 said...

good luck!! and have fun too! I am always interested in decorating and saving money!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

MuseBootsi said...

I love a low priced renovation! I re vamped my kitchen by myself without a lot of money. It was hard work, but a lot of fun! Finding all the little things that bring it together! Looking forward to the transformation!

Kristina @ ReMadeSimple said...

Hi Peggy-I love before and afters-looking forward to see what you do with your kitchen on a budget-we are wanting to get a remodel done for your same price range soon too. And thanks for following and commenting on my blog-following you back!

Unknown said...

Hey Peggy, just came across your blog. Love to watch a good remodel, I will follow along.
Trine

At The Picket Fence said...

Looking forward to being along for the ride with you! :-) Thanks so much for sharing at Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa

Diane first said...

Looking forward to seeing your kitchen progress. My kitchen was built in the 90's and I installed a dusty rose countertop and large island. (it seemed like a good idea at the time.) Just this weekend I painted it to look like stone and I'm totally blown away by the results. So is everyone who has seen it.

What do have planned for the Radio cabinet? I have one too and can't decide what to do. Mine is fairly ornate. Any suggestions would appreciated.

Anonymous said...

It's a pretty exciting before! I just did a bit kitchen update on a very small budget. My fridge DIY is still underway, but it's coming along. I can't wait to see what you do!!

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...