Sunday, November 13, 2011

Antique “Greek Blue” and Champagne Vanity

Hello everyone hope your weekend is going well.

I wanted to share this darling vanity I just finished with you.  I have just gotten some new ASCP colors in and couldn’t wait to try out this beautiful “Greek Blue”.

Here is the before of a the vanity that I picked up at a local resale shop.

blugreekvanbef

It was plain and very dirty but had great bones and some good details.

First I sprayed it with metallic silver.

blugreekvansil

What? Oh, you want to know why? Because when I distressed it I wanted the silver to peek through. I then painted it Greek Blue. The details  I painted a color I achieve by mixing a couple of metallic paints. I think it looks like the color of champagne, a soft, light gold.  The little round area at the top of the mirror was just crying out for something so I applied one of my vintage images, a rose.

After that dried I waxed with a clear wax, distressed it, then applied a dark wax to age it. I distressed the top quite a lot achieving a lighter blue as if worn away by time with areas showing the wood and then buffed to a shine.

I love the juxtaposition of the aged chalk paint and the metallic elements especially the silver that peeks through on front and sides in different areas.  The drawers I painted “Paris Gray”.  I switched out the drawer pulls for glass ones and here is the result.

blgreekvanclose



blgreekvan

Yes I took a few of these pictures in my husbands den all leather with wood ducks and a huge flat screen TV. lol


blgreekvanclose2



blgreekvantop



blgreekvandra



blgreekvantop



102_3199



102_3196

This project was a little different for me as I usually keep to more neutral tones so as to appeal to everyone’s taste and décor.  However, blue is my favorite color and this is just a stunning blue don’t you think?

I hope you like the results.  Would love to here from you. 

I’m sharing with these lovely ladies linky parties.




                French Country Cottage








The DIY Show Off



UndertheTableandDreaming








>





Sunday's Best Linky Party!








Photobucket



Power of Paint Party

17 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Very pretty. I love how the silver comes through the blue. Nice job!

hugs
Sissie

Mari said...

Hi Peggy~This turned out really beautiful, I love the silver peeking through :) just beautiful!!

xo~Mari

Kathleen said...

The silver makes the details pop. This is a beautiful one of a kind piece.

Dina said...

Peggy, this turned out absolutely stunning! Great idea with the silver!

Chelsea said...

Saw this at Sunday's Best Linky Party, that is an ABSOLUTELY gorgeous piece of furniture!

Heaven's Walk said...

This turned out so elegant and French chic, Peggy! Great job! :)

xoxo laurie

Kate said...

WOW, WOW! I love her. {tad jealous she isn't in my bedroom}. You did an amazing job. Thanks for linking up.
XO,
Kate

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

That looks great. Thank you for linking up to More the Merrier Mondays.
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

Andrea @Oasis Accents said...

Blue is my favorite color too and that is a gorgeous shade! Love the glass pulls as well. Thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best =)

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is so glamourous and fun! love the color combination!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Perfect with the silver showing.

laxsupermom said...

Beautiful transformation! I love how the paint job brings out the lovely details of the piece! Thanks for sharing.

I'm hosting my monthly Before Blogging Throwback Thursdays Party and would love for you to drop by and share something you made / did / bought sometime Before Blogging. Can't wait to see what you bring to the party.

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

That is a very cool piece! I love the idea of the silver underneath. Great job :)

Cathy @My 1929 Charmer said...

That really is a gorgeous piece. the color is outstanding, the piece has so much character. Thanks so much for sharing at Sunday's Best. You really did a great job.

Debbiedoos said...

Peggy this is a gorgeous piece and a gorgeous color. Come link up to my newbie party, I started early as I have other stuff going on next week.

Debbiedoos said...

Thanks Peggy!

Sherry said...

This is beautiful, I would have never thought to use metallic. I especially like the choice of blue & silver. I found you through Debbiedoos's, please drop by for a visit when you can. I'm you new follower.

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...