Monday, October 17, 2011

Lil’ Red Accent Table

Hello everyone hope you’re having a great day.  Today I’m sharing the redo of a small accent table I picked up at a yard sale.  Here’s what I started with.

accenttabef

Notice how the finished has been rubbed off of the top. It has a little open shelf below the top and I think it was probably used at one time for a desk as there was quite a lot of very old gum stuck to the bottom of it. Smile




ascpemperorssilk

I couldn’t wait to try out my new Annie Sloan Chalk Paint color “Emperor’s Silk”. It looks quite bright in the can but here’s how it looks after two coats on the little table with no primer.

accenttabred


I love how it dries to a lovely aged red you might see on a antique piece. It would be lovely on a front door don’t you think?

accenttabred2

Gosh look at my grass and we water ours! If you have any rain in your area of the country send us some down here in Texas we really need it. Anyway here is the finished product.





accenttabfinished

I applied a coat of ASCP clear, soft, wax and sprayed on a lace accent to the top using a piece of lace that I had as a stencil and a soft cream spray paint.  Then distressed the table in areas that would naturally have worn and applied another coat of wax.

accenttabfinished2



accenttabredtop


The lace design has a pretty rose detail.  I hope you enjoyed this lil' project. I’ll have pics of a dinette set in the next couple of days.

Thanks for dropping by ya’ll.


I'm sharing with the following parties.









Domestically Speaking









Friday on Remodelaholic

12 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! What a transformation. Love the lace detail accent.
Donna

Debbiedoos said...

I am so glad you showed this color. I love it. Looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

Kahli said...

That chalk paint covers amazing well! Great job on the makeover!

Anonymous said...

That looks great!! Love the red and nice touch with the lace design!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment for my pumpkins! See you around!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Love the shad of red you used. The little table is now very pretty.

hugs
Sissie

Cynthia said...

Very cute...definitely would work on a front porch. I actually have a similar table that I love.

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

Very cute - I love the red, not something you see very often for furniture - true red. Thanks for sharing - erin

Mari said...

OH Peggy wowee!! your table turned out gorgeous!!! I love the red chalk paint :)
How is your foot??

xo~Mari

Chris said...

Hi Peggy, what a beautiful job you did on that table and the lace insert is just gorgeous. I have found and am following you through Debbie's Newbie Party. I hope to visit more often. Please stop by and visit me and I hope perhaps you will choose to follow me also. I would really like that. Hugs, Chris

laxsupermom said...

We've had way, way, way too much rain. Wish I could send some your way.

Beautiful makeover! Love the aged red color of the ACSP! Love the lace detail you added, too! Great job! Thanks for sharing.

I'm hosting my monthly Before Blogging Throwback Thursdays party and would love it if you'd come and share something you made/did/bought sometime before blogging. Can't wait to see what you share at the party.

Sharon, aka Bootersmom03 said...

I've been wanting to try this color! It looks perfect on your little table and the lace adds a nice touch! I'm an East Texas native now living in the Dallas area...miss it tho. Glad I found you via Shades of Amber and a new follower!

Punky Prep said...

I love the red. It turned out fabulous! Now I am motivated to work on a side table I have been putting off. Thanks!
www.craftingrebellion.com

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...