Sunday, July 10, 2011

Working Vacation and A Bedroom Redo

I haven't posted in a couple of days because  I have been really working hard so we could leave today for vacation.  We're headed for Tennessee with our daughter and her family. Yes, two grandchildren a boy six and a girl nine. I do not know if we are brave or stupid. (That was a joke we love those grandchildren).  Anyway we have one in each car and they have DVD players and games and food so we're good. LOL 


I wanted to talk a little about working on vacations.  When you do what I do its hard to stop. I'm always looking for a good flea market, a re-sale shop, or estate sale.  Unfortunately my husband is driving and he smiles and says, "Hey, we can't stop at all of them Peggy". The thing is for several years now we have always stopped at antique shops even when we went to Hawaii we went to a flea market!   I just have a love of anything old. I love the pattina from years of use. The history behind a piece of furniture or an old car.  The thing I love most though is the memories they invoke. Is it the same for you as well?  If it is we have a lot in common and I would love to be friends!
So for the next couple of days  I will try to send you a few pictures of  anything I pick up and any inspirational items I see. I'm looking for inspiration for a new project I'm starting in my home. 
I am planning on redecorating my second bedroom.  It used to be my sons and lets just say its in sad shape.  I did move in my father-in-law's bedroom set that is quite old but my husband says I can not paint it.(Party pooper.) Anyway I am considering adding a canopy over the bed and thought I would share a couple of pictures I have found of some styles I really like.






I just love this one what do you think? Ever who made this one (in her barn it looks like lol) has done a great job. I know you can buy these crowns but I think I would like to find something unusual to use or make my own.






This is a pretty common style that I really like. I recently saw one made like this with a front panel of seashells it was really pretty.




Then there is the center crown you could make this fairly easily and I think that the first picture will be similar to this one when put on the bed.

I will posting pictures of the bedroom before I get started and want to do a very feminine room all with flea market finds.  I really don't love the bedroom suit as is but cannot paint it so I am hoping the canopy will soften the lines. 

I would love my readers help in making decisions every step of the way.  Please send me your canopy projects.  Canopy bed projects only please.   All entries will be voted on by my readers and the winner will be featured on Monday, July 18, 2011. 





No comments:

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...