Friday, June 17, 2011

Honey it's Called Shabby Chic not Wore Out!

I thought I would share a conversation I have had several times with my husband, William. Here's how it goes I have bought a piece of vintage furniture and painted it and of course it looks great, but...of course I can't leave it that way! LOL So I start distressing it and antiquing it and William will come in from fishing and say, "Why are you ruining that beautiful paint job?" I reply, "William I am distressing and antiquing the piece not ruining it its called "Shabby Chic". To which he replies, "Looks like a waste of hard work to me just let me load it up for the shop & not tie the dresser down & it will get distressed!" Ha ha ha ha. "No, William I want it distressed where I want it distressed. Understand?" He just shakes his head and gives me that look that says I've married a crazy woman!

Ladies he just doesn't get it! Can I get a witness here?

Today I'm sharing a lovely little dresser I just finished. Sorry no before pics I forgot and I'm sorry for the less than professional photography is just not something I have conquered yet. 

This was a ca. 1950's piece I found at the Canton, Texas flea market. It was a hideous green and really needed some love, but it had this lovely wood-carving on the drawers and I just fell in love with it. I painted it country white, distressed it (yes William I ruined another paint job) and antiqued it with a walnut stain. I painted the drawers (I just love the look of clean painted drawers) and tacked a liner into each one. I used the existing drawer pulls and after painting them to match I decoupaged  them with the French words "le fleurs" that I printed out on tissue paper.  I think it turned out wonderful and hope it inspires you to try your hand at re-furbishing something for your home. 
Thanks for stopping by.






No comments:

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...